2016 Georgia’s Best Summertime Drink – 1st Place in Family Friendly Category – Watermelon Honey Sweet Tea
Congratulations to our Family Friendly category winner Kelly M. for her recipe “Watermelon Honey Sweet Tea (with Balled Watermelon Ice)! Cool solution to hot, summer days!
Watermelon Honey Sweet Tea (with Balled Watermelon “Ice”)
- 2 quarts (8 c.) water
- 3 large (family size) tea bags
- 3/4 cup honey (or cane sugar, or a mixture of the two)
- 3 c. strained watermelon juice
- Balled watermelon, frozen
- Before serving, ball half of one large watermelon and freeze watermelon balls on a flat surface (such as a cookie sheet) in a single layer.
- Bring half of the water (4 cups) to a boil
- Remove water from heat and add tea bags. Steep for 10 minutes and remove tea bags.
- Pour tea into desired container and add honey (or sugar). Stir thoroughly to combine.
- After honey has dissolved, add remaining water and strained watermelon juice.
- Chill until ready to serve. Serve with balled watermelon “ice”.